blackcaesar
blackcaesar.net
whatever...

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Tradition

I don't ever want to be in the position
where I'm following the others
even if the others
follow the tradition.
- blackcaesar

well, I have to admit, I am susceptible to nostalgia in a way.
as I get older, I reminisce of the little things that made me feel so alive.
I always yearn to share those things with those close to me.

I remember:
- the smell of my grandmother's freshly baked molasses cookies.
- chasing, catching or merely watching fireflies.
- sharing cassettes of recorded radio hip hop show with friends.
- lacing my sneakers.
- road trips with my sisters.
- making "forts" in the living room with blankets.
- breakfast with my mama.
- riding my bicycle as far as I could with friends.
- playing with my cousins while my parents played cards with their brothers/ sisters.
- waiting in line with my family to ride a scary rollercoaster.
- falling asleep while my parents listened to their favorite songs.
- watching scary movies that I had no business watching.

those things made me feel so alive.
the little things in life are cool
when they are shared.
that's why holidays are the best thing that man has ever created.
no somuch for the event itself,
but,
the precious traditions that are related.

people often get entangled in reveling, the reason for the season.
the broad picture is often composed of many intricate stokes of life.
the goal often overshadows the journey.

*today, my mood is: long live longevity.*
Counters
Hit Counters