blackcaesar
blackcaesar.net
whatever...

Sunday, March 20, 2005

to die with dignity.

Even the sun goes down heroes eventually die
Horoscopes often lie and sometimes 'y'
nothin' is for sure nothin' is for certain nothin' lasts forever
But until they close the curtain
it's him I Aquemini - outkast, aquemini


I've always debated in my mind what I'd do if i were in a situation where i was unable to care for myself, such as the situation that Terri Schiavo is in. I wonder if the members of my family would allow me to die with dignity. I do noyt think the members of my family would ever "pull the plug" on me, even if i clearly prescribe such actions. Thus is the selfishness of man. That brings an interesting point:

Is it possible to end your own life with dignity?

I would like to think that everyone should be entitled to live their life with some sort of standard of satisfaction and / or comfort level. I am almost inclined to say that Americans are entitled to such things through the whole "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" spill in the bill of rights. Hell, all people should have those "inalienable" rights. In the event that one's life cannot be fulfilled, can it be returned, exchanged, upgraded, etcetera?

That would never happen to me...
I want it to be known, if you have to question whether or not i should live or die, and i cannot make the decision for me. Give me quality life or

How long is too long?
What is the time limit that the torture of substandard life should be endured?
one day, one year, one decade...
What constitutes substandard life?
  • being comatose?
  • being homeless?
  • being physically deformed?
  • being a lover scorned?
  • being in eternal morning?
After all, nothing is permanent. All things come to an end. I just want to know why i can't be the one to make the determinant when.
But, you know what they say:
Twice upon a time there was a boy who died
and lived happily ever after but that's another chapter... - outkast, aquemini
on another note, this muthafucker needs to die.
Where's the infinitely wise Jeffry Dahmer when you need him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Hit Counters