blackcaesar
blackcaesar.net
whatever...

Saturday, January 28, 2006

the run down

I have been so busy as of late.

Here’s the run down:

I have been getting treated for PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). This is most likely a result to the stimulus I was exposed to in war. I am a combat veteran, having served in over 350 combat missions under Operation Iraqi Freedom as a medic. I have been feeling bouts of anxiety and depression as of late (for a while) and I decided to go talk to a doctor about it, since I feel I was I denial about the whole situation. The doctor believed I needed to be treated for PTSD. I got to see a psychiatrist now. How embarrassing.

I have quit drinking. Well, the doctor gave me some medication that I am not allowed to drink with, so I haven’t. I don’t even have the desire to drink physically. Sometimes I get into social situations where I am used to drinking, but I have decided to chase women and be sober instead of drinking. What a substitution I know…. I could be taking this medication for the long term, so drinkingis out. I don't miss it one bit. I feel freer than I ever have. Actually, I feel great; i feel better than I ever have in my life.

I am preparing to separate from the Army. Yeah, I get out of the Army soon. I am a little anxious. I feel as if the medication that the doctor is giving me is causing me to feel better, but I don’t know if I will be able to afford to take it after I get out of the Army I also have become a bit institutionalized from the military lifestyle and I will need a little time to become “deprogrammed”. In addition, my day-to-day job is becoming more and more difficult, but more fulfilling at the same time. I am preparing my soldiers on how to carry on in my absence.

When I get out of the Army, I am trying to go back to school, I am trying to get into a certificate program, which last about a semester. Afterwards, I want to attend culinary school and get a related degree.

I also want to go on vacation. I am ready to go anywhere. I am preferential to places in the United States. It’s soon time for a road trip.

That’s about it.

I am busy/ crazy/ anxious/ etcetera.

C’est la vie.

8 Comments:

Blogger Diane S. dropped...

Hat's off to you for seeking help. It takes a strong man to do that.

If you can't afford the meds after your discharged, let me know. I am fairly skilled at finding secret free med programs.

So glad you're feeling good. You deserve to feel good.

28/1/06 23:14  
Blogger Alli dropped...

I'm so happy to hear that.....now maybe instead of just eating bread you can make some too (lol)

29/1/06 07:54  
Blogger Alli dropped...

I forgot to add seeking help is nothing to be embarassed about, in fact it's commendable and shows how strong you really are!!

29/1/06 08:19  
Anonymous Anonymous dropped...

Most people never get another go round in life. Good Luck with yours. I hope you find what will make you feel like you fit in this crazy world. I know you will miss the chow and BDU's LOL! Best wishes to you and Baby Girl.

29/1/06 10:42  
Blogger nikki dropped...

i'm glad you got help. it'd be worse than ignoring it and allowing it to control your life. i've seen a psychologist before and i was glad for it. she helped me work through alot of pain.

good luck on separating from military duty. i had a boyfriend who had no clue about how to operate in civiliian life. i think he would have done better had he 'deprogrammed' himself.

30/1/06 20:59  
Blogger Drama Kween dropped...

I am glad to hear you are getting out...you are free now...best wishes to you

31/1/06 15:14  
Blogger blackcaesar dropped...

Wow. I come back from a 24 hour workshift to wake to a veritable outpouring of support. Part of me was expecting someone saying, "I knew your ass was crazy!" I guess I was wrong. you all make me smile (not in a brokeback kinda way...)

@ steven tucker: whats up! I have been systematically giving up alot of "impurities" in my life over the course of time. i will still find some sort of vice to keep me impure. I haven't figured out which one to not quit, but i don't have very many vices left...

@ diane: i should be able to afford the meds i gound out... the meds should coust about 2 dollars a month or so. how much i will be charged is another thing all together. hopefully i can arrange to get the meds from the VA medical center...

@ alli: eat some sun dried tomato bread or some fresh sourdough.... tastey!!!

@ kim: thanks for the encouragement. i don't have your audiobook?

@ msInstyle: don't make me come out to barstow and tear that place up! you know i want to come out there! that might work. you have inspired me to eat way more healthy and i will always appreciate you for that. the california pizza kitchen awaits.

@ nikki: i am programmed now, i will not be later, i promise you that. i will be late to everything, on purpose!

@danyel: iread your last post. it was a bit psychotic!LoL... No just kidding. I am real busy, but i love to interact with you all here. this blog has led me to identify alot of myself, along with the feedback from most folks...

@ kween: i am free now. I will be frrer later. I am happier and optimistic.

31/1/06 16:42  
Anonymous Anonymous dropped...

Excellent, love it! »

22/2/07 20:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Hit Counters