blackcaesar
blackcaesar.net
whatever...

Saturday, January 07, 2006

cloning

I was listening to Immortal Technique’s Black Cargo and in one song the interesting description was painted of scientists extracting the DNA of Jesus from the cross and cloning him in order to bring him back to life. Though I discounted the depiction as fanatical conspiracy theory, I still entertained the thought for a minute. What if the limitations of cloning were revealed and conquered?

  • What if extracted DNA could be used to create an exact replica of its source, including personality and age, to include experience and memory?
  • Could it be possible that spare parts for humans be “farmed”?
  • Is cloning the answer to eternal life or age regression?
  • Is it wrong to use cloning to eradicate disease and suffering?
  • What would happen if cloning lead to the emergence of eradicated diseases or long gone evils if the world?
  • How would life be if everyone were the same?

I think genetic imperfections and variety in life are the reason that life is worth living. I have no problem with the concept that I will not live forever. Life is a beautiful portrait, framed by the limitations imposed by death. I accept the whole picture. When I am gone, I hope that the life I have led would have been unique, leaving a solitary thumbprint in the infinite wrinkle of the universe. I do not want to be cloned.

1 Comments:

Blogger blackcaesar dropped...

I've never seen that movie, but the previews looked interesting for a summer blockbuster. The rental joint owes me a rental, so i may check it out, especially since it is now recommended. I wonder if is is a take of the island of dr. moreau?

8/1/06 16:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Hit Counters