blackcaesar
blackcaesar.net
whatever...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A More Perfect Union

Tonight, the president will give his state of the union address. His approval rate is down; in fact, it is the worst of his presidential term. If I were the president, I would address the following issues.

Security

Americans have been living in a state of terror; we've been living every moment as if the proverbial skeletons in the closet will sneak out and attack us the moment we close our eyes to go to sleep. People do not need to feel as if they are unsecured unless providing the security is a means of controlling the masses. I hope control through terror is not the goal. The constant existence of the terror threat level and its related fluctuation possibilities leaves me with a sense of impending doom that I depend on the government to alleviate, without controlling my mind.

Human Rights

I want to be able to fly on a plane if I so choose. I want to be able to have a private telephone call if I choose. I want to be able to make a purchase without being tracked or read a website or a book without someone looking over my shoulder. I want access to health care. I don’t want to starve because I am too old to work. I want the right to express disapproval of my leadership and I want the right to be able to choose who leads me. In a sense, give me freedom.

Technology

As an American, I am tired of being a slave to the price of gas. It affects the cost of everything around me and there is really no control. Why should the price of oil control whether I can afford to buy certain foods or visit my family on vacation? There has to be a better way to fuel our lives and base the economy; I hope there is a way that Americans can gain some control. I also hope the president opens access to stem cell research, genetically modified food research, and better defines Internet and related information dissemination laws.

Standard of living

I want access to education, housing, food and shelter, in an environment where I feel that my family and I can thrive. I do not want to pay unnecessary taxes. In fact, I welcome taxes that are distributed fairly. Why would I want to pay taxes to bail out airlines when I am afraid to fly for example? (I am not afraid to fly, but I want smooth roads for my Cadillac to travel, and I will pay taxes for that.)

That’s about it. I am not increasingly political due to my having to be impartial in order to perform my duties as a soldier, but I still vote. With that being said, I do have issues that a voter should be concerned with.

What principles do you think, should a government and a society be built upon?

7 Comments:

Blogger Alli dropped...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also hope the president opens access to stem cell research, genetically modified food research,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
How can you be a proponent of good food eating healthy and be supportive of gentically mutilated food? I would really like to hear this......

31/1/06 21:16  
Blogger blackcaesar dropped...

genetically mutilated???
you may be prejudiced to exactly what genetic modification of food entails. the food you eat has already undergone exclusive selectivity in the production characteristics it is allowed to display. selective farming and breeding is a precursor to intensive genetic food modification. genic mainipulation may be the cure to world hunger. people fear what they don't understand.

31/1/06 21:28  
Blogger Alli dropped...

Does Monsanto ring a bell?

1/3/06 16:46  
Anonymous Anonymous dropped...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
» »

26/11/06 04:35  
Anonymous Anonymous dropped...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

2/2/07 17:21  
Anonymous Anonymous dropped...

Keep up the good work megane convertible headliner http://www.zithromax-6.info/kitchenappliancestvscaraudiopdaselectroniczillacom.html http://www.sports-card-supplies.info scrabble with chuck woolery pamela anderson and bret michels videogo to Heavy inkjet photo paper Zithromax dizziness laptop lcd car computer Unsuccessful nose plastic surgery Dr geoffrey tobias revision rhinoplasty Egoscue pilates transvestites in tights Dell ipods or mp3 players Downloadable motorcycle wedding invitations

6/2/07 00:55  
Anonymous Anonymous dropped...

Best regards from NY! »

2/3/07 16:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Hit Counters