blackcaesar
blackcaesar.net
whatever...

Saturday, December 17, 2005

i couldn't wait for it to stop snowing.


i woke this morning.

i was full of piss and vinegar.

i needed to run.

i got dressed.

i looked outside.

i saw that it was snowing.

i couldn't wait for it to stop snowing.

i read a little.

i wrote a little.

i thought a little.

i grew impatient.

i couldn't wait for it to stop snowing.

i thought of how fat i was.

i thought about my next meal.

i thought of how restless i was.

i thought of going back to sleep.

i thought of my need to get somewhere where i wasn't.

i couldn't wait for it to stop snowing.

i waited until dark.

i dressed in all black.

i clothed in the perfect backdrop against the purity of the white snow.

i walked out to the unplowed street.

i ran straight down the middle.

i couldn't wait for it to stop snowing.

i reflected energy from shiny reflective part of my shoes.

i reflected energy from the shiny reflective belt i wore.

i reflected energy from the shiny reflective white wire of my mp3 player headphones.

i reflected energy from shiny reflective teeth in my smile as i gritted my teeth in the wind.

i let cars pass, heading towards me.

i glared at them through dark sunglasses.

i know they couldn't see my eyes.

i wondered what they were thinking.

i imagined what they thought.

-he is crazy for running in the snow.

-he is crazy for running in the middle of the road.

-he is crazy for wearing sunglasses at night.

-he is better than me.

-maybe i am crazy.

i couldn't wait for it to stop snowing.

i felt the snow slip under my feet.

i arched my toes for better grip

i felt the snow settle on my shoulders

i ran faster to let the snow melt

i inhaled snow.

i wondered how many snowflakes will make a grown man drown.

i multiplied how many snowflakes in a tear.

i added how many snowflakes will i sweat.

i couldn't wait for it to stop snowing.

i thought of my daughter.

i ran.

i thought of my friend.

i ran faster.

i thought of that little haitian girl.

i sprinted.

i thought of my battle buddy that lost a limb in the war.

i couldn't feel my legs.

i remembered so many limbs.

i ran until i broke my limbs off in the snow.

i wanted to cross the finish line after wearing my legs down like wooden pegs on a sandpaper treadmill.

i spat.

i blew my nose on my hand.

i had no contempt for the world.

i couldn't wait for it to stop snowing.

i didn't curse when mp3 player quit working.

i never wondered why traffic didn't approach from the rear.

i didn't stop when my glasses fogged so that i could no longer see the path.

i outran the world.

i reached the finish line.

i stopped running.

i saw it stopped snowing.

i can't wait to run again.

i am so selfish.

i couldn't wait for it to stop snowing.

4 Comments:

Blogger blackcaesar dropped...

nope. i actually took a picture of the road. iwas dark and still snowing and i couldn't capture it without a flash, which ruined the concept of it being nighttime while snowing. i "borrowed this pic from some unsuspecting photographer who is nameless, thanks to google image search. i do not intend on claiming rights to it. it aids in my description. that is all. i want to add my own pics to the blog though. i am a prolific photographer. i just lack subjects and the willingness to be the geek that carries the camera.

18/12/05 21:26  
Blogger sassinak dropped...

i really like your blog... thanks for visiting mine and drawing my attention to it.

i think we're all selfish... but i'm the opposite. i LOVE when it snows in bit fat drifting flakes of loveliness.

i love to dance in the snow

i love to catch snowflakes on my tongue

i love to slide down the tracks when it's perfectly icy and you can just float

snow rocks :)

19/12/05 16:51  
Blogger nikki dropped...

very VERY well done, black! it was so visually strong without alot of unnecessary words. i want to be like you when I grow up. LOL

19/12/05 17:30  
Anonymous Anonymous dropped...

Enjoyed a lot!
»

24/12/06 11:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Hit Counters