blackcaesar
blackcaesar.net
whatever...

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

greener

where do i have to be
to be so free from insecurities
so i can be myself
and be so totally free
i fill into no cubbyholes
or fill stereotypes
because i do what i do
and i like what i like
at times i sit up lat at night
solemn in demeanor
i wonder if the grass
over yonder is greener
life is like a splinter
that you get from woodgrain
in the coldest of the winters
while you standing in the rain
sometimes i pray to god
]and ask for a little shelter
protection from this life
will never make me feel no better
so i grit my teeth
when i'm walking through the weather
they say nothing lasts forever
i say never say never
somewhere there has to be
a better place for some expansion
they say that in my father house
there is a many mansion
but if i fail to pay my rent
or even sign my lease
would i ever find a bit of peace
residing with the beast?
Counters
Hit Counters