blackcaesar
blackcaesar.net
whatever...

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

mona lisa

i saw her today
i remember the way:
her hair smelled
her smile glistened
her skin was so smooth...
she has a vibrancy to her stroll.
she will walk on by,
hopefully.

for the life of me,
i continue to believe,
women are fine art.
who really owns art?
the artist gives to the world
selflessly.

i would think
the mona lisa
would be better suited
in a museum
than on my wall.
when i view art in a gallery,
the art receives total attention.
if the art hung on my wall
at home
i'd never look at it.
it's presence may be felt;
its magnificence would never radiate.

i would always be too occupied
to enjoy
the beauty that is forever before me.
that is why
i will never have a mona lisa
of my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Hit Counters